If you rent an allotment plot from Birmingham City Council you are automatically a member of the BDAC.
Our Executive Committee is formed from plot holders that are proposed and elected at our Annual General Meeting. To find out who is on the Executive click here.
The Executive meet every month to discuss allotment issues to find out more about our meetings click here.
Allotments sites in Birmingham are divided into seven areas, the BDAC appoints two advisors to each area. The advisors are all experienced allotmenteers who are on hand to support Associations in the management of their respective sites.
· We work with allotment associations, allotment holders & city council officials for the benefit of allotments.
· We support allotment associations with advice and information which enables them to carry out their tasks.
· We act as an active watchdog to ensure the city council provides as much maintenance and repairs as possible for all sites
· We encourage associations to take on self-management of allotment sites.
· We play an active part in influencing allotment policy so that any changes are for the benefit of allotment holders and associations.
· We organises shows and competitions for individuals and associations.
· Providing judges for local shows.
· Regular newsletter to all allotment associations.
· Act as a regional representative of the NSALG
· Reduced rents for over 65’s.
· Maintain lowest possible rents whilst providing basic amenities.
· Host an annual vegetable & flower show, for plot holders and societies to exhibit in.